Dr. Suneel Kumar N Kulkarni
Professor & HOD
Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Thermal studies.
- Composite Materials.
- IC Engines.
Dr. Suneelkumar N Kulkarni is Professor & Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering. His academic interests include Thermodynamics, Heat transfer, Automobile Engineering and Energy Engineering. His research areas are Thermal studies, Composite materials and IC Engines.
He holds a B.E. degree in Mechanical Engineering and M. E degree in Thermal Power Engineering from Gulbarga University, Gulbarga and Ph.D. from VTU. He has published and presented many research papers in National and Internal journals and conferences. He has organized and participated in various workshops, national and international conferences, faculty development programs. He is an Associate Editor in International journal of material science.
He has around 31 years of teaching experience and is associated with Cambridge Institute of Technology from 2018.
Four Research scholars are awarded with Ph.D. under his guidance at VTU and one at JNTU, Hyderabad. Presently Four scholars are pursuing their Ph.D. under his supervision at VTU.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, VTU, 2007
- Thermal Power Engineering, Gulbarga University, 1990
- B.E., Mechanical Engineering, Gulbarga University, 1987
- “Graphene – The future material” 18th may 2020, Dept. of ME, Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- “The How? and Why? of Transitioning to Data Science, for Non IT Professionals” 30th may 2020, Dept. of ME, Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- “Interrogation in MEMS, NEMS and Nano Technology” held on 5th June 2020, organized by Dept. of ME, Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- “Hydraulic System and their fundamentals” 10th June 2020, Dept. of ME, Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- Conducted hands on session half day workshop for Cambridge school faculties on video Editing on 12 June 2020
- Three Day Webinar on Funding Opportunities – Proposals and Research projects for faculty from 18-20 June, 2020 in association with NAFEMS under IIC and IQAC
- Emission standards 22nd June 2020 in association with Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
- Traits of CFD and Ansys Fluent in Mechanical Engineering , 26th June 2020 , Dept of Mechanical Engineering, CiTech, Bengaluru.
- 3D Printing Technology for model & Prototype making @ COVID – 19 Pandemic, 3 rd June 2020 in association with Resree’s research & Engineering and Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, CiTech, Bengaluru.
- “Manufacturing in Current Scenario: Industry 4.0” held on 4th June 2020, organized by Dept. of ME, GMIT, Davanagere.
- “NAAC Awareness Programme for Faculty” held during the period 08-05-2020 to 14-05-2020, organized by Marathawada Mithra Mandal’s Institute of Technology, Pune, Maharastra.
- “Green Building and Sustainability” held on May 14th 2020, organized by College of Engineering and Technology, Raasyani, Tamil Nadu.
- FDP on “Internet of Things and its Applications” held during the period 27-05-2020 to 29-05-2020, organized by Rao Bahaddur Engineering College, Bellary.
- “Dynamic Behaviour of Hybrid Aluminium 6061T6 Metal Matrix Reinforced with Sic and Fly ash Particulates” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science and Technology, Vol. 2. Issue 6, June 2014.
- “Characteristic Studies On Aluminium Based Silicon Carbide And Fly Ash Particulate Metal Matrix Composite” International Journal Of Engineering Research & Technology, Vol. 2. Issue 6, June 2013.
- “Casting / Mould interfacial heat transfer during solidification of aluminium alloys cast in CO2 – Sand mould” International Journal on Material Science, Vol 20, pp 144-149, 2010.
- “Thermal behaviour of hollow castings cast in CO2-sand moulds by using finite element method technique” International Journal on Design and Manufacturing Technologies, Vol 1, pp 44-51, 2010.
- “Evaluation of elastic modulus for SiC / SiC system Using FEM method” The tenth Asian Symposium on Visualization at SRM University, Chennai, T.N., INDIA, March 1-3, 2010.
- “Effective stress analysis of dovetail rooted disc” The tenth Asian Symposium on Visualization at SRM University, Chennai, T.N., INDIA, March 1-3, 2010.
- “Prediction of solidification behaviour for hollow cylinder castings by using FEM Technique” 57th Indian Foundry Congress (57 NFC – 2009) at KOLKATA, West Bengal, INDIA, January 14-15, 2009.
- “Stress analysis of dovetail rooted disc” International Conference on Advances in Materials, Processing and Characterization (RAM – 2008) at V. R. Siddhartha Engineering College, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA, July 03-04, 2008.
- “Inverse kinematic analysis of adept viper using neural network” International Conference on Frontiers in Design and Manufacturing Engineering (ICDM-08) at Karunya University, Coimbatore, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, INDIA, February 01-02, 2008.