Ms. Priyanka R
Department of ISE
Wireless Sensor Networks
Ms. Priyanka R is an Assistant Professor in the Department of ISE. Her academic interests include Operating Systems, Software Engineering, Storage Area Networks, Design and Analysis of algorithms, Object Oriented Modelling and design, System Software, Object Oriented Programming and Computer Networks. In addition to her interest in academics, she also focuses on research in the area of Wireless Sensor Networks.
She holds a B.E. degree in CSE from Visvesvaraya Technological University and a M.Tech degree in CSE from the Visvesvaraya Technological University, and currently pursuing Ph.D under Visvesvaraya Technological University. She has participated in various workshops and Faculty Development Programs held by various colleges.
She has around 6+ years of teaching experience and is associated with Cambridge Institute of Technology from 2019.Guided many projects for lower semesters and higher semester students.
- Pursuing Ph.D., VTU, 2017
- M.Tech, Computer Science and Engineering, VTU, 2013
- B.E., Computer Science and Engineering, VTU, 2011
Awards and Honors
- Life Time Member of Indian Society For Technical Education [ISTE].
- Member of Institute For Engineering Research and Publication [IFERP].
- NPTEL certified on “Effective Engineering Teaching in Practice” in June 2020 and “Computer Networks” in December 2019.
- “A Two day International Virtual Conference 2020 – “Global Understanding for Sustainable Development” organised by B.Com. Corporate Secretaryship & IQAC of Shree Chandraprabhu Jain College, Minjur – 601203, Tamilnadu on 11th and 12th June 2020.
- One Day Online National level Faculty Development Program on “Network Simulation Using ns3” – A Research Perspective” held on June 06, 2020
- One Week FDP on “Moodle – Learning Management System” organized by the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Vaagdevi Engineering College, Warangal, Telangana in association with Spoken Tutorial, IIT Bombay from 15/6/2020 to 20/6/2020.
- Webinar on “Fundamentals of Intellectual Property & Patent search” organized by Department of CSE, Cambridge Institute of Technology 0n 7th June 2020.
- LEARNING REBOOTED; Online FDP on “Effective Online Teaching Strategies” on 6th June 2020.
- Webinar on “cyber security attack during corona pandemic” on 28th May 2020.
- Webinar on “Agile Methodology and DevOps” organized by the Department of Information Technology, Pope’s College (Autonomous), Sawyerpuram on 28th May 2020.
- Online Two days FDP on “MIGRATION OF IT INFRA USING CLOUD” on May 20-21 2020.
- Online webinar on “GRAPHENE – The Future Material” Webinar on 18th may 2020.
- Webinar on “IT Interventions in Civil Engineering” on 16th May 2020.
- FDP on “Contemporary Tool and Techniques for teachers and Researchers in Higher Education on 9th may 2020.
- One-day webinar on “Kick start your Research work” hosted by Department of Computer Science & Engineering on May 30, 2020.
- 2 Day Online Faculty Development Program on IoT and Cyber Security – an Industry Perspective” organized by Department of CSE, Cambridge Institute of Technology on 22nd May 2020.
- Webinar “Millennial Gurus” held on 21st May 2020.
- Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on
“Are you IoT Ready? Join configuration of Smart Home using CISCO Packet Tracer” on May 31st 2020.
- Online Quiz on “Outcome Based Education (OBE)”Organized by Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- online webinar on “INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS FOR ENGINEERS” conducted by Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Kings Engineering College on 21st May 2020.
- 5 Days Academic Development Program on “Insights into Modern Technologies KSIT ,Bangalore from 27th to 31st Jan 2020.
- “ A Comprehensive Survey on Energy Efficient Routing Techniques and Various Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks”, published in Scopus Indexed Journal (Unpaid) International Journal on Emerging Technologies (IJET), B Impact Factor 3.1, Volume-11, Issue-2, pp. 57-65, March 2020. [ISSN No. (Print): 0975-8364 ISSN No. (Online): 2249-3255
- “Security attack, challenges and mechanisms for security in wireless sensor N/W”: A survey, Research review international Journal of multidisciplinary [UGC listed Journal, Volume 3, issue 01, January 2018.
- “A formal classification of Internet banking attacks and vulnerabilities”, International Journal of Combined Research & Development (IJCRD), Volume 3 Issue 5 on November 2014.
- “Managing mobility in wireless sensor Networks”, International journal of Engineering Associates (IJEA) Volume-4, Issue-01, January 2015.
- “Comparison between Android and iOS Operating System in terms of Security” International Journal of Computer Informatics & Technological Engineering (IJCITE) Volume (2) Issue (11) November 2015.
- “ A Comprehensive Survey on Energy Efficient Routing Techniques and Various Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks”, 2nd International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering Sciences (ICAMES 2020) organized at PES college of Engineering, Mandya in association with Binghamton University( State University of New York ) and in collaboration with Institute for Engineering Research and Publications(IFERP) on 28th -29th February 2020.