Prof. Preethi S
Department of ISE
- Medical Image Processing
Ms.Preethi S is an Associate Professor in the Department of ISE. Her academic interests include Computer Networks, Cryptography and Network Security, Analog and Digital Electronics, Microprocessors, Data Communication, Microcontroller and Embedded Systems, Computer Organization, System Modelling and Simulation, C programming. In addition to her interest in academics, she also focuses on research in the area of Image Processing.
She holds a B.E. degree in CSE from Bangalore University and an M.Tech degree in CNE from the Visvesvaraya Technological University and currently pursuing Ph.D under Visvesvaraya Technological University. She has participated in various workshops and faculty development programs held by various colleges.
She has around 18 years of teaching experience and is associated with Cambridge Institute of Technology from 2009.
Guided B.E. and M.Tech students in their seminars and project dissertations.
She has taken the responsibilities in the department as NBA Coordinator, Counselling Coordinator and involved in the technical training to students.
She is associated with Oxfam India which is a non profit organization working to support child education and empowering women from 6 to 7 years and supported financially for girl child education for 7 students.
- Pursuing Ph.D., in VTU,
- M.Tech, Computer Network Engineering, BMSCE,VTU, 2008
- B.E., Computer Science and Engineering, SJCIT,Bangalore University, 2000
- Organized Webinar on “Cancer in Female: Awareness, Screening and Prevention” for women on 17th June 2020.
- Organized and worked as resource person for 3 days FDP on “Microcontroller and Embedded Systems” held from 16th December 2019 to 18th December 2019.
- Organized 3 days workshop on “Code Optimization in JAVA SE9” held from 19th September 2019 to 23rd September 2019.
- Webinar on “Path to a Career in AI” on 26th June 2020 at SWE CMRIT.
- Webinar on “Cancer in Female: Awareness, Screening and Prevention” for women on 17th June 2020 at Cambridge Institute of Technology.
- Webinar on “Techniques To Make Computer Science Education More Useful And Interesting” on 8/5/2020 at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, RCOEM, Nagpur.
- Webinar on “Current Trends In Data Science With Real World Application of AI & ML”, on 8/5/2020 at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, RCOEM, Nagpur.
- Webinar on “5G Technology and its applications” on 28/5/2020 at Sri Vasavi Institute of Engineering & Technology, Nandamuru.
- Webinar on “Millennial Gurus” held on 21/5/2020 at Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology.
- Two weeks FDP on “R language and R Studio” n association withIITB – ST (Remote Learning) from 22nd June 2020 – 03rd July 2020 at Cambridge Institute of Technology.
- Two days FDP on “Migration of IT Infra using Cloud” on 20-21 May 2020 at PIET, Nagpur.
- Two days FDP on “IOT and Cyber Security- an Industry Perspective” on 22-23 May 2020 at Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- One week FDP on “Arduino” conducted by Electronics and Communication Engineering Department from 01/06/2020 to 05/06/2020 (One Week) at KINGS ENGINEERING COLLEGE, Chennai.
- Combining Wavelet Texture Features and Deep Neural Network for Tumor Detection and Segmentation over MRI – Journal of Intelligent Systems
- Detection of Neovascularization on Optic Disk Region based on Kernalized Fuzzy C- Means and ANN Classifier”. – IJIRCCE vol5,issue5 , May 2017
- Survey of Neo-vascularization on optic disk region – IJIRCCE, Volume 5, Issue 3, March 2017
- Performing an Efficient auditing and de duplication data process of the cloud systems – IJETCSE
- Combining left and right palm print images for more accurate personal identification – IJIRCCE, Volume 4, Issue 4, April 2016