Mr. K P Shivamurthy
Department of EEE
- Power Electronics
- Signal Processing
Mr.K P Shivamurthy is anAssistant Professor in the Department of EEE. Hisacademic interests include Power electronics, Digital signal Processing, Digital Electronics, Analog Electronic circuits andAdvanced control theory. In addition to hisinterest in academics, he also focuses on research in signal processing.
He holds a B.E. degree in ECE from Visvesvaraya Technological University and an M.Tech degree in Computer Applications in Industrial Drives from the Visvesvaraya Technological University .He hasorganised and participated in various workshops / faculty development programs held by various colleges.
He has around 12 years of teaching experience and is associated with Cambridge Institute of Technology from 2009.
He has guided B.E students in their seminars and project dissertations.
He is associated with other institution like Dr.AIT, SSIT, NHCE etc in academic activities
Membership in professional bodies: LMISTE
- M.Tech, – Computer Application of Industrial Drives, VTU,2009.
- B.E., Electronics and Communications, VTU, 2005.
- Webinar on “Introduction to the world of PLC” By Prof. Yogananda B S, Asst. Prof., Dept. of EEE, SSIT, Tumakuru on 4th July 2020.
- Webinar on “Latest Technologies in Automotive Industries”, by Mr. Karthik D A, Key Account Manager, SEG Automotive Germany GmbH on 12thJune, 2020.
- Webinar on“Smart Grid in Distribution System”,Mr. V. Suresh Babu, Assistant Director, PSTI (NPTI), Ministry of Power, Govt. of India on 11th June, 2020.
- Workshop on ” Modelling of Analog & Digital system using PSPICE & XILINX” from 21-22nd Sept 2017.
- Workshop on “Fundamentals of” PCB design” from 17 -18thDec 2018 .
- Workshop on” A Practical Approach to 8051″from 21-22nd March 2016
- National Workshop on “Power Electronic Applications to Renewable energy systems and Energy storage systems” organised by NIE, Mysore, 06 July 2020 to 10 July 2020.
- Three days workshop on “Electrical Simulation Studies using Modern tools” from 1stJuly 2020 to 3rd July 2020 organised by Department of EEE, SGBIT, Belagavi in collaboration with PWSIM Engineering Pvt. Solutions, Chennai.
- Webinar on “Value of IEEE Research and Technical Institutions” conducted by SJBIT, Bengaluru on 10thJune 2020.
- One-week FDP on “Modern Trends in Electrical Drives” conducted by NIT, Nagpur from19th – 23rd May 2020.
- Fine day online workshop on “Design Analysis and Application for Power Electronics Converter” conducted by BMS college of Engineering from 11th- 15thMay 2020.
- One-week Faculty Development Program on “Contact and non-contactmeasurements” in BMSCE from 22-27 July 2019.
- One- week FDP on IoT & Python from 28 Jan -2 Feb 2019, organized by department
of ECE, CiTech.
- One-week Faculty Development Program on “Teaching Learning Pedagogy”,18-28 July 2018 at Cambridge Institute of Technology.
- Twodays workshop on Digital Signal Processing” on 23 & 24 Jan 2018 at RNSIT,Bengaluru.
- Five days FDP in CiTech on “Teaching Learning Pedagogy” from 18-22 July 2016.
- One-week FDP on “Materials in Engineering and Technology” at BMSCE, Bangalore from 11-15th July 2016.
- Three days workshop on “Recent Trends in Industrial and Process Automation” at Dr.AIT, Bangalore from 21-23rd April 2016.
- 18th ISTE faculty convention in PESIT, Bangalore on 6th Nov 2016.
- One day workshop on Industry- Academia interaction at BMSCE, Bangalore on 10th October 2015.
- Two days workshop on “Industrial Automation” at Vinci Engineers on 20-21st October 2014
- Five days mission 10x ULTP Practitioner training program at WIPRO Technologies from 17-21st March 2014.
- Shivamurthy K P, Nethravathi.S, “Survey on monitoring the health of the transformers”, National Conference on Recent Developments in Power Engineering”, August 2015.