Mrs. Rashmishree K N
Department of Civil Engineering
- Physico-Chemical treatment methods for water &wastewater treatment.
- Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Solid waste handling and treatment technologies.
Mrs.Rashmishree K N is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering. Her academic interests include Water Supply and Treatment, Waste Water and Industrial Waste Water Treatment, Air Pollution and Control, Solid Waste Management,Building Materials and Construction. In addition to her interest in academics, she also focuses on research in the area of Removal of Micropollutant usingAdvanced Oxidation Process..
She holds a B.E. degree in Civil Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University and an M.Tech degree in Environmental Engineering from NITK, Surathkal, and currently pursuing Ph.D under NITK, Surathkal. She has participated in various workshops and faculty development programs held by various colleges.
She has around 9 years of teaching experience and is associated with Cambridge Institute of Technology from 2017.
She guided B.E. students in their seminars and project dissertations.
- Pursuing Ph.D., NITK,
- M.Tech, Environmental Engineering, NITK, 2011.
- B.E., Civil Engineering,VTU,2009.
Awards and Honors
- “Optimization of Food Waste Based Biogas Digestor And Its Implementation In Rural Areas”, was adjudged as one of the outstanding projects of the year and was selected for the “Project of the Year” award, during the Seminar and Exhibition held at BLDE Association’s Vachana Pitamaha Dr. P.G.Halakatti College of Engineering and Technology, Vijapura on 19th and 20th August 2016.
- “Feasibility Study And Prototype Design For Biogas Production In An Engineering College From Canteen Food Waste”, was adjudged as one of the outstanding projects of the year and was selected for the “Project of the Year” award, during the Seminar and Exhibition held at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangalore on 20th and 21st August 2015.
- Sustainable Environment
- 1st Indo-Japan Webinar Series on Geotechnics for Disaster Mitigation
- Environment & Sustainable Development.
- GRAPHENE – The Future Material
- “Hydraulic Model Studies In Coastal Engineering Development Projects”
- “Heritage of Hampi – Glorious History and Religious Architecture”
- Efficient, Economical and Environmental friendly use of Fenton’s Oxidation in Wash and Waste Management for Covoid-19 Virus.
- “Cancer in Female- Awareness, Screening and Prevention”
- “Environment & Sustainable Development”
- Importance of wate, Sanitation, health and waste management during epidemics.
- “IT Interventions in Civil Engineering”
- Geo ICT Applications for Smart Cities
- Intelligent Property Rights and Innovations
- Acheiving Sustainable Concrete through use of Mineral Admixtures
- “Recent Developments in Remedial Engineering for Concrete Structures”
- “Competency Targets for Employability” – An Industry Perspective (in the wake of COVID 19 attack)”
- Determination of water quality of Vengaihnakere lake and Varthur lake, Bangalore”, IJRET, e-ISSN: 2395-0056, Volume:05, Issue:06, June -2018.
- “Study of Leachate Management in Municipal Solid Waste Management System”, IERJ, e-ISSN No: 2454 – 9916, Volume:03, Issue:06, June -2017.
- “Production of Bio Gas using Kitchen Waste”, IJRET, e-ISSN No:2319 – 1163, Volume:05 Issue:06, June -2016.