Dr.Suma S P
Professor & HoD
Department of Mathematics
- Fluid Mechanics
Dr. Suma S P is a Professor and head of the Department of Mathematics in Cambridge Institute of Technology. She earned her Ph.D in Mathematics at Bangalore University. Her dissertation is on Rayleigh-Benard and Marangoni convection with and without throughflow.
After the completion of her Ph.D. (2001), she worked at New Horizon college of Engineering, before joining the Cambridge Institute of Technology in 2014. Her main area of research is convection. Published several papers in International journals. She also has written text books on Engineering Mathematics.
She holds a B.Sc degree in PCM and an M.Sc degree in Mathematics from the Bangalore University ,and completed Ph.D under Bangalore University in 2001. She has participated in various workshops and faculty development programs held by various colleges.
She has around 26 years of teaching experience and is associated with Cambridge Institute of Technology from 2014.
She has guided four students for Ph. D. Degree and two students are pursuing research under her guidance at VTU.
- Completed Ph.D., Bangalore University, 2001
- M.Sc, Mathematics, Bangalore University, 1993
- B.Sc., PCM, Bangalore University, 1991
Awards and Honors
- Recipient of “President of India” award for the best research paper presented at 42nd ISTAM conference held at South Gujarat University, Surat during Dec. 1998.
- “International women’s day award-2020 “ in recognition of exemplary achievements and contribution to the humankind, Cambridge institute of technology, Bangalore.
- “COVID -19 Pandemic management in current and post scenario” by Dr. Giridhara Upadhyaya,Professor in Microbiology, KIMS, Bangalore
- National Webinar on “Two Dimensional Materials for Diverse Applications” on 23rd May 2020 by Pratap Vishnoi, Materials Research Laboratory, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA.
- Attended webinar on “Fluid dynamics and its application” on 28 and 29th May 2020, organised by Govt. First grade college, Vijayanagar, Bangalore.
- Attended webinar on “Vedic Mathematics, Aptitude and Logical Reasoning” on 29th June 2020, organised through Department of Basic Sciences, Cambridge Institute of Technology.
- Attended webinar on “Cancer in female: Awareness, Screening and Prevention” held on 17th June 2020 at Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- “Penetrative Bénard-Marangoni convection in a micropolar ferrofluid layer via internal heating and submitted to a Robin thermal boundary conditions“,Journal of Electromagnetic Analysis and Applications(JEMAA), Vol.10, May 2018, pp 88-105.
- “Effect of thermal boundary conditions on Bénard-Marangoni convection with temperature dependent viscosity and density”, International Journal of Engineering, Science and Mathematics (IJESM), Vol. 7(4), Apr 2018, pp 224-243
- “A Comparison between Galerkin Weighted Residual and Perturbation Techniques for Penetrative Bénard–Marangoni ferroconvection via Internal Heating”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER), Vol. 13(6), Feb 2018, pp 4137-4145.
- “Penetrative convection via internal heating in superposed fluid and anisotropic porous layers with through flow”, International Journal of Computer & Mathematical Sciences, ISSN 2347 – 8527 Volume 3, Issue 1 ,2014.
- “Variable viscosity effects on penetrative convection in superposed fluid and porous layers” International Journal of Mathematical Archive, ISSN 2229 – 5046 , 34-46, 2014
- “Variable Gravity Field and Throughflow Effects on Penetrative Convection in a Porous Layer” Journal of Computers and Technology,Vol.5(3), pp. 172-191, 2013.
- “Variable Viscosity Effects on Penetrative Convection in a Fluid” Int. Journal of Computers and Technology,5(3), pp. 51-65, 2013.
- “Onset of Surface tension driven convection in a fluid layer with boundary slab of finite conductivity and deformable free surface” International Journal of Mathematical Archive – Vol.4(5), ISSN 2229-5046, 2013.